About the role
Do you want to join us in making Cloud Based Solutions a reality for customers?
Steltix South Africa are looking for a software Developer to join their Netsuite Team, based in Western Cape or Gauteng, South Africa. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and to build software for a rapidly expanding cloud based ERP system, Netsuite from Oracle.
If successful, you will be joining a young, knowledgeable and dynamic team. The role is office based, however working from home, or a hybrid working model, can be considered once you are familiar with the system, the team and their processes and procedures.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be someone who has experience in the development of database applications; has a strong grasp of database terminology; knowledge of how to query and work with databases; understanding the design and set up of database tables and how these relate to queries. In addition, the candidate will also need to be able to build logic and modular code.
Your knowledge and skills
For this position we would like to get in touch with candidates who demonstrate most of the following personal attributes and technical requirements:
- Passionate about delivering high quality business solutions
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to actively contribute from day one in a fast pace environment
- Can be flexible and quickly learn new technologies and product areas and improving their development skills and understanding of different business processes
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve
- Champions best practices, development processes, and our culture
- Team player – works closely with the team and respects team members
- Willingness to work outside of your comfort zone and take appropriate risks and own consequences
- Works independently with minimal supervision or reminders
- Excellent time management
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and work in unfamiliar technical areas
- Can communicate effectively both written and orally to a variety of audiences
- Professional qualification would be an advantage and some experience is key
- Minimum 3 years database programming experience
- A good understanding of relational database design
- ERP knowledge would be a plus
- Must understand scripting and using SQL
- Basic Data model understanding
- An understanding of design patterns
- Has experience working in an agile environment or using the Scrum methodology
- Experience gathering technical requirements and building solutions from those requirements
Our customers operate in the general Financial, inventory, warehousing, mining and job costing environments, and so some experience in these sectors will have an added advantage but are not an absolute requirement.
What we offer
Steltix offers an exciting and dynamic place to work. We may be part of an international group, but we operate like a family business, putting our customers and employees first. We hire skilled professionals and value their input, so we always strive to offer a place to work where ideas are heard, challenged and where applicable adopted into the business. Over and above this we offer:
- Continuous learning opportunities through our partnership with Udemy
- Long-term career plans
- The option to work remotely or a hybrid working model
- Competitive salary and benefits including:
- Group Life Cover and Disability Insurance
If you would like to know more about this role or to apply – please email email@example.com with your questions, CV and the position you are enquiring about.
We look forward to hearing from you.